Monday, August 04, 2008

The Dark Knight

I went to see The Dark Knight: The IMAX Experience. I'm sure this is the first time you've heard anyone mention this movie, not sure why it doesn't get any press. I'm not going to say if you should see it or not, but if you are going to see it I'd recommend going for IMAX even if it means buying tickets a week ahead of time. And whenever there is a non-action shot, make sure to check out the background rather than just looking at the people in the foreground.

Even though he did not realize it, one of the friends I went with made me very happy. He noticed during the credits that Anthony Michael Hall was in the movie and wondered who he played. This gave me a chance to pull out the iPhone I had just bought a couple hours earlier (after waiting a mere 2 hours in line - thank goodness I had some Arrested Development episodes on my iPod) and answer the question using IMDB.

Which brings us to the real reason for this whole post - I'm trying to test the RSS reader on the iPhone so I need a feed to update.

2 comments:

The Owl Archimedes said...

I don't know why but the dark knight made a really deep (good) impression on me- seen it twice so far in theatres.

So you liked the LOTR books? I actually have yet to finish the trilogy. Philip K. Dick has the strangest titles!

The Owl Archimedes said...

if you want to know, say, 9*8, you start from the left pinkie and count your way down 8 fingers, put the 8th finger down and look at what you have left: you should see 7 fingers up on the left side of the lowered 8th finger, and 2 fingers up to the right of the lowered 8th finger. crazy huh? one of my 4th grade students taught me that one.