Sunday, November 02, 2008

iWink uWink we all Wink for iceWink?

Apparently many of my half formed thoughts have a liberal twist, hopefully that will tone down in a few days.

Julie is right, lately I have tended to skip the items actually worth blogging about. Anyway, yesterday I went to uWink with a few others. It is a cool idea - they have two touch screens at each table, one facing each side. In addition to ordering your food on the touch screen you can play games. But it all felt a little forced. Having a menu organized by category and big pictures of each item seems good, but makes it hard to scan. The games were ok, but a bit cheesy - well maybe it is just that my side of the table lost to the other side. You can customize your order but the options are limited. Seems like a good idea for a bar if they reworked it a bit. Also seems like a good place to go on a date that is expected to go poorly (no need to talk or even really look at each other). Given all that, I did enjoy the meal - although that may have had more to do with being in a group where I was in the bottom 50% of LOTR fans.

After my previous post about fight club I thought it would interesting to watch it again. I'm watching it right now and it is like a whole new movie. Partially because of world events - it is a lot more attention grabbing now when they say "ground zero" and "weapons of mass destruction" in the first scene (did they predict the future or were those just phrases that were ready to be used at the time? I guess it is unlikely, but possible the movie actually helped with putting the phrases in everyone's mind.). But even more because now it is my life they are making fun of and rebelling against (only I like that life). And of course watching them build a terrorist network has a whole different feel now (especially one that is a network of loosely connected independently operating cells made up of young adult males disappointed with their place in society and looking to take down the American financial system!).