Saturday, November 01, 2008

I'm a cooking genius!

First - I noticed that flour has a "best by" date (a mere 3 years late).

Second - Put a bit of oil in a pan then some instant oatmeal and about 1/3 the water you would normally use to make oatmeal. Set stove to about 4 (out of 10). If a lid is near by then cover. Let it cook for about 5 to 10 minutes - goal is not wet, but not crispy or burnt. Put on a plate and cover with raspberry preserves. You now have the 80/20 rule version of raspberry cobbler! Way better tasting than looking - I was sure it was a mistake until I tasted it.

1 comment:

The Owl Archimedes said...

What this raspberry cobbler an accidental discovery, like penicillin? Hmm, maybe i'll make some for thanksgiving except with cranberry...if I can find cranberry sauce around here. Big if!