Thursday, October 23, 2008

Above the lip

Does anyone else have a spot a little above their upper lip that is particularly sensitive to spice? For some reason this spot often ends up hurting more than the inside of my mouth. I totally get eyes being super sensitive, but that spot just seems like normal skin that shouldn't be more sensitive than say my cheek or nose. I do think it happens more when I cook, but it also sometimes happens just from eating spicy food. I assume I do something to cause the spice to touch the spot. But why is that spot so sensitive? I know there is stuff you can eat to help dull the spice, but what do you put on your skin to do it? I have found that ice or cold water helps, but only as long as the spot stays cold.

If I put seeds from hot peppers on that spot every day would it eventually stop being so sensitive? Would the change be permanent or would I have to do that all the time?

No comments: