Monday, September 12, 2005

Things I learned this weekend

The first thing I learned this weekend is that Carpinteria has a little salt marsh nature preserve with a nature trail through it. It is honestly not that impressive, but there were several humming birds and I really like watching them when they do that fly in place thing where it looks like they are floating.

The next thing I learned is that if you go in the opposite direction to the second closest beach entrance to the apartment and you go left instead of right there's a nice little bit of beach that is separated from the rest and is less populated. There were also some surfers out there unlike in the main beach area.

Susanna and I watched the 25 year anniversary episode of SNL and found out that Dr. Evil from Austin Powers is Lorne Michaels - who knew... If you ever listen to him talk it will become very obvious.

The final thing requires a bit of background. Last year I had an invention idea which Susanna and I both thought was actually a decent product idea. When we occasionally kick around the idea of quitting work and grad school and starting our own company I am usually thinking we would implement this idea. The other bit of background is two years ago (all of these years are school years) Max gave me a stack of old wired magazines he had and did not want to take to Israel. Recently I have been reading through them. Of course as I am reading through one from 2004 I read the description of something very similar to the idea described above and then they talked about possible extensions to their invention and basically described the idea. Garrr!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you still have all those Wireds.