Monday, November 19, 2007

Two more pictures from Japan and Flatliners Game #8

While we were at one of the temples we visited in Japan there was a group of students from the town Gifu (I think they were middle school students). Each student was supposed to approach a white person and talk to them in English about the town they were from. Once they were done with the little talk a teacher would take a picture of the kid with the white person (I know saying white person seems a bit odd, but not sure how else to describe it). Mike, Laura, and I all ended up talking to a kid then Mike and Laura were faster at walking away and I ended up talking to another (not that there was anything wrong with talking to them, but after one it seemed like time to get on seeing the site).

Anyway, they both sent the photos.







I thought last week was the last game, but while I was in Asia one of the games was canceled due to fire. We hit the mercy rule in the 5th inning (not the best way to end the season). Catching, there was one really high pop fly that I had in my glove, but it hit my palm and bounced out. First at bat got to second and eventually home! Next at bat got to second then the base coach said run on anything, and while I don't take directions well at work, I do exactly what I'm told on the field, even if the ball goes straight to the third baseman and he is standing in my way with the ball (doh!). Well, I was defining glory as catching a fly, but if I redefine it to scoring a run, I succeeded in my final chance for glory! (Wow, defining success after the fact is awesome!)

1 comment:

Laura Z said...

I didn't realize that the problem was you couldn't run away fast enough from the students - Mike and I just assumed you were hoping to get someone's number...