Monday, October 08, 2007

Flatliners Game #5 - Back to Reality

A game that ends 26 to 20 in the 6th inning has a lot of highlights. Unfortunately I peaked early. First hit was solid and I got to first. Then they over threw the ball into the dugout, but I didn't run, but apparently you get the next base free anyway. It was nice getting the base, but I felt silly having a bunch of people telling me to go to 2nd and having no idea why. Next inning an ok hit got me to first then barely forced out at second. By the third at bat my head had left the game. I swung at two terrible pitches and then had my zoolander at the awards show moment as I got ready to swing and the ump had to remind me that we start at 1 and 1 so I had struck out.

Fielding I had one guy tip the ball and I had it in my glove, but it bounced out. The other catcher on our team (we do every other inning) caught a fly ball so now that we are even I've challenged him to see who will catch the most fly balls. Then my moment for glory came as the runner was headed home the ball was thrown to me. The ball and the runner were arriving at the exact same moment and my attention was split between the two as the ball went right past me... DOH!

Having scored 20 runs the flatliners were still in a good mood even after losing.

Well one more game for me to earn glory before heading to the other side of the world.

No comments: