Sunday, August 26, 2007

HP1 and Rain

First - There is a thunderstorm in Southern California in August! WTF Mate! Glad I got to the beach yesterday.

I read HP1, in my opinion not as good as 6, but at least we didn't have to follow Moses through the desert for 40 years (or more likely Jesus in his 40 days of wandering - although it felt more like 40 years than 40 days) like in 7. It was interesting to see how many items she setup for later books. I wonder if she really had it planned that well or if when she wrote later books she just made sure to reference specific items in earlier books. I'm sure I'm far from the first person to ask this, but now it's my turn.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Had you not read HP1 before? I wonder if I should go back and read it ... you're making me wonder ;-)

The Owl Archimedes said...

If you've never read Sherlock Holmes, you should definitely start with the first one "A Study in Scarlet", which introduces the characters. It's one of the few novella-length ones, whereas the rest are really short and easy to breeze through. I read them all once for the first time 4-5 years ago, so I'm just starting to refresh my memory with the rest of them, but "A Scandal in Bohemia" has an ingenious little moment in it. Hem...I hope I didn't hype it up for you- I have a tendency to do that with books I love