Monday, April 23, 2007

Gizzards

On Saturday I went to a restaurant in West LA called Yakitoriya. It's a Japanese restaurant where all of the dishes are some part of a chicken on a stick and it seemed like you could name pretty much any part of the chicken you wanted. Since there was a 5 stick minimum I went for their 5 stick combo. The chicken breast with wasabi and chicken liver were good. A few of the dishes were alright and I discovered that I'm not a fan of chicken gizzards. The taste wasn't so bad, but the only thing I can think of to describe the texture is partially melted plastic - not that I've ate that much plastic, but I bet that's what it would be like.

That night I also saw The Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie. In some sense there's not much point giving an opinion since anyone who watched the show has to see the movie and anyone who hasn't seen the show shouldn't see the movie. I guess for the people who have only seen a few episodes I'd say watch more of the show rather than going to the movie (especially since you'll want to know the characters that they use in the movie). It was very funny and had an excellent opening, but it did feel a bit stretched which isn't so surprising since the show is normally only 15 minutes long. Yes, this is what they were advertising when they shut down Boston - I still think that the city over reacted and that "wires and batteries" doesn't make something a bomb!

I also saw the apple TV in person for the first time that night. Well they definitely did a good job making the box look good. Maybe the next step will be working on the picture. I watched clips from BSG, The Office, and Scrubs - not shows that require particularly good picture (I wasn't watching nature scenes or even an action scene in BSG) and the graininess was distractingly obvious. The sales people said that the TV I was looking at isn't HD which is part of the problem (but my TV isn't HD either...), but they also had an HD TV and it didn't look a whole lot better. Sounds like they are going to have to up the resolution of the downloads before the apple TV becomes attractive. It really makes me wonder who is buying it.

No comments: