Thursday, March 29, 2007

Scrubs and Roseanne

I am watching some Roseanne (not sure why, but when I'm tired I enjoy old TV shows) and it was one of the episodes with the hot Becky (for those that watched the show you probably remember that they used a different actress for a couple seasons and that she was far more attractive than the normal Becky). I noticed that she had some facial expressions and ways of talking that seemed really familiar - then it struck me that it was Elliot (from scrubs)! Anyway, figured that those who fit the intersection of Roseanne and Scrubs fans would find that interesting.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm almost 99% certain that they actually reference Elliot's Roseanne days in an episode of Scrubs, somewhere along the way ;-)

Eric said...

I've seen each episode of scrubs about 99 times, but don't recall a reference-- though they do wrap a plotline entirely around 'the janitor's' appearance as an a cop extra in the Fugitive.

Perhaps most shocking is their stamina in not invoking Donald Faison's Clueless role.

Eric said...

oh here it is... (subtle)

*In one episode of Scrubs, Dr. Cox, instead of the usual "Barbie," referred to Dr. Reid as "Becky #2," a reference to Sarah Chalke playing the character of Rebecca 'Becky' Conner-Healy in Roseanne.
** A sub-plot of one episode revealed that the Janitor (Neil Flynn) was actually an actor when he was spotted in The Fugitive playing on TV.

http://en.allexperts.com/e/m/me/meta-reference.htm

Julie said...

See? I knew I wasn't crazy :-)