Saturday, February 10, 2007

Awesome, My Ego, And Mildly Amusing

First off - it's not really a surprise, but still Awesome! I would have posted the video but it is still downloading very slowly.

I started contributing some stuff to wikipedia and added a link to my contributions under news and humor (doesn't really fit in the category but oh well), although I have absolutely no idea why anyone would care. The link is aptly named since I realized that really the only reason I have for contributing to wikipedia is to feed my insatiable ego. Some of the electrical engineering articles really are fairly sparse or not perfectly accurate so I've mostly been adding to them since I know a bit more than the average Joe about those topics and can add something without spending anytime doing something silly like research. I just started a couple days ago so I'll see how long this hobby actually lasts. On one of the articles soon after I made some additions someone came along and edited it (didn't remove anything, just fixed up the wording) that was actually kind of cool to see the process work - although I am thinking that if someone will edit stuff I post I should put up any papers I have to write in the future...

This last link is a bit lame but slightly humorous. It's a blog about The Office but from the point of view of an HR expert - most of it is obvious (don't ask an employee to act out lesbians kissing), but at the start of each post she estimates how much Dunder Mifflin could have been sued for.

Almost forgot to mention that I'm so glad that Scrubs is back! Yeah I know it never went away, but so far season 6 had been pretty disappointing and this last episode is the first one to be on par with previous seasons.

No comments: