Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Big Sur

This past weekend I headed up to Big Sur with Eric and Jess to meet up with my parents. It's quite the area. If you want to lay on sandy beaches and get in the ocean definitely head to SoCal rather than the central coast, but if you're looking for great views of hills ending at the ocean and cool rock formations in the ocean (wow, I'm such a poet I can make one of the coolest landscapes sound about as exciting as a field of grass) then the central coast is the place to be.

We did some hiking around in the woods and along the coast, went into Monterey and Carmel to see the little towns, and had some good eats with some good views.

In addition to seeing the sites and stretching our legs we all discussed our plans as the whole family seems to be in transition at almost the same time (for more on my transition see the next post which will probably have to wait until I leave work, or if I already posted it by time you read this think back to the last post you read).

No comments: