Sunday, April 11, 2010

Life

Wow, it's been a while since I posted about my life. I feel like I've noticed a general drop in blog use. I wonder if that's a change in the situation or the observer. I also wonder if twitter really is just enough that it removes people's need to write full blog posts.

Anyway, since the summer I've been working on a chip at work that had/has a very tight schedule and the part with the most focus is the part I am working on. Unfortunately I've discovered that the harder I work the more mindless downtime (aka TV) I require so when I'm low on time I often end up killing the bit I have with TV. Luckily some of my friends in the area are also into watching tv and playing games so I can actually combine that recovery time with being social which is awesome.

That long stretch of work was split up by several intense spouts of having fun. I visited home for Thanksgiving. I visited Santa Barbara where I hung out with my Uncle and his family which was a nice get away as always. Over winter break I went skiing at Sunday River with college friends. The skiing and seeing friends was a great time. It was also nice because I went from a nervous skiing n00b to, well still a beginner, but comfortable getting out there and enjoying it. Finished up that trip with my first Russian New Years and attempt at cross country skiing. I think I'd need to try cross country again before claiming that I really get it.

There was a one day trip to Tahoe for skiing in there. Good time, but I had my first encounter with moguls and wore myself out since I had no idea what to do. Also took a bit of a hard fall. I thought I was going through a connector between trails I had done before so built up some speed before getting to it. Upon entering it and realizing it was so narrow I couldn't slow down I realized I hadn't seen this bit of trail before and had to fall into a pile of snow. That's the only time I've left blood on the snow (just a bit of nose bleed, nothing serious).

March was a lull at work which worked out well since a lot happened that month. My parents came to visit and we headed down to carmel for an extended weekend. It was great to see my parents and hang out in a nice area. Kayaking in Monterey Bay was very cool. The next weekend was my brother's bachelor party. We met up in Denver and headed to the mountains for two solid days of skiing. Then Sunday night hit the town. The next weekend some college friends visited and it was great to see them.

Most recently I'm getting ready to change apartments. This seems like a good point to switch to a new post.

That was a big span of time, so I left out seeing someone or some major event - sorry.

No comments: