Monday, April 20, 2009

Life

Two weekends ago:

Thursday night I went with Emily, Jeremy, and some of their friends to Yuri's Night at the California Academy of Sciences. We didn't do much related to Yuri's Night, other than look at the wacky San Franciscans dress "science-y". Mostly we walked around the museum which was cool since I hadn't been before. They recreated a tropical rainforest inside and after you climb your way to the top of the rain forest you take an elevator down to the aquarium under the rain forest. There's also a whole area decided to environmentalism and a planetarium. Unfortunately all the planetarium shows were sold out by time we got there. Anyone thinking of going should consider watching for Thursday night events - it is cheaper and you avoid all the little kids.

Friday night I went to Julie and Saeed's place where they fed me dinner and I met some of Julie's law school friends. I feel like I should say something really nice since I know Julie will read this. I did have a good time. For once I did well on the x-box movie trivia game since there were a bunch of Serenity questions.

Saturday I went to work for a few hours. Then I headed to San Francisco for the traditional 4th night seder at a coworker's house, where he made sure we had our traditional 8 (not a typo) glasses of wine. He also served the traditional smoked brisket - good stuff. I stayed the night at another coworker's place and then hung out in SF for a bit the next day.

The next week:

Work.

Last weekend:

Saturday I worked most of the day.

Sunday I worked for a bit then had a monster energy drink at lunch. Then I worked really fast for most of the rest of the day. Then I got home and did a bunch of house work. Then I paced back and forth while watching TV.

By avoiding getting a goodnight's sleep I watched True Blood and the first several episodes of How I Met Your Mother. True Bood is really good. Not The Wire good, but still makes me wonder why non-HBO shows exist (well, then I remember not everyone likes to see all a vampire's blood come out its mouth as its body collapses). Although I did feel a little bit like they spelled out "this is a metaphor for discrimination" a little more than required. I liked How I Met Your Mother although wasn't super impressed. My biggest complaint is what's with the laugh track? Didn't we all get past that? It feels like a trip back to the mid 90s. I almost don't want to laugh when it comes on cause who are they to tell me what to find funny.

2 comments:

Julie said...

:-P

The Owl Archimedes said...

"I feel like I should say something really nice since I know Julie will read this"

-hehe, that's an honest blogger's statement