Monday, July 21, 2008

Ohlone Backpacking

Friday afternoon I took off from work and headed out to the hills in the east bay with three others and didn't return home till Sunday night. We covered 19.4 miles with a total elevation gain/loss of 6,988/6,517 ft which peaked at 3,817 ft where there was a 360 degree view. We went from Sunol Regional Wilderness to Del Valle. I learned that uphill hurts the muscles and down hill hurts the knees and ankles and it all hurts the feet. It was an international crowd so there was cursing in several languages going on. Ok, I'll skip the rest of the complaining and get to the good part.

Well the best part was the lunch time naps. Although meeting people and seeing some great views was nice too. The area we were hiking was also a cattle grazing area so there were some groups of cows to watch (downside - cow crap everywhere - upside - I smelled so bad I didn't really notice the cow crap smell). And I got some pictures from the peak which had a log book that we signed. For the rest of the pictures go here.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the down side, the pictures were too big for my RSS reader and messed everything up.

On the up side, that looks beautiful :-) Glad you had fun!