Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Work Day 2

I'm two days into working. Well, vacation still beats work, but once I get past that thought, things are going well. The orientation was quite extensive (lasted all of Monday morning). I'm now decked out with company branded shirt, mug, and briefcase (hm, if only I worked for the company everyone thinks I work for, that would have made the freebies really exciting).

I've been spending a lot of time at work since they feed me (I'm quite impressed by the food so far) and give me internet access. I was supposed to get internet access at home today, but the free Google wifi network doesn't reach my apartment - garrr! Compared to free, cable internet access is looking very expensive. One guy at work is telling me I should just make a directional antenna out of a pringles can so I can get on Google's network, but losing the internet every time I bump my desk doesn't sound very attractive.

No comments: