Sunday, March 09, 2008

First Sunburn of the Year

On Saturday I headed up to Laguna Beach and discovered that I was not the only person to decide to go to the beach on one of the first beach worthy weekends of the year. Once I figured out parking it was really nice to get back to the beach after a long break from it.

The other super exciting event on Saturday was buying and using an electric razor. I decided that I want to try to shave every day and figured switching to electric would help. I went for a fairly simple norelco based on advice from coworkers. Well, an electric razor is no match for 3 days of growth on my face - I think a spoon would have been better. But, I haven't given up yet, I think it is only fair to try it on one day's growth, since the whole point is that is all it will ever have to take on. Keep reading further posts to hear about my thrilling adventures in shaving.

On Sunday I headed down to Sea World with Evan. Not the best park I've seen, but it has some good shows. The Whale (Shamu) show was a bit over done, but if you get past the corny stuff, the jumps and tricks were really cool. It was a huge let down to realize that there is more than one "Shamu". Being Jewish I didn't really have a "there's no Santa" moment as a kid. I feel like this was it for me, not that I was that into Shamu, but I did think Shamu was one real whale. The dolphin show was ok. The otter show was like a bad high school play. No, we didn't sit the slash zone. I do wonder at what age or stage in life, getting sprayed with water goes from desirable to undesirable? One unexpected aspect of Sea World is that it is owned by Anheuser-Busch. So not only do they sell beer at the park, but they have an area where you can sample different beers for free (well, if you forget about the park admission price). They also have some clydesdales there which is an ingenious method of advertising a beer company to children.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I had to look up clydesdales-- but you're right, that's so genius!