Friday, August 11, 2006

Kelly Clarkson!

I had a new experience at work yesterday. The company I work for wanted some extra ECG (not sure why sometimes it's called EKG and sometimes ECG - but it's electroCardiogram so I think ECG is the way to go - do any of the pre-meds want to chime in?) data to run through their algorithm so they ask employees to have their ECG taken at work. It's a completely passive measurement and only takes like 15 minutes so no big deal. But I go to the room where they are doing it and they guy asks me to take off my shirt and then without saying anything takes out a disposable razor and stars shaving a couple circles on my chest. Now I knew it was coming but I still felt like he could say something, and I don't have Steve Carell chest hair but enough that I have two very visible spots on my chest. But the main thing is that it still itches. So after all this, the point is if you ever go to get your ECG taken bring shaving cream and after shave in case they're not provided - might save you a few days of scratching your chest. Funny how it's embarrassing to have part of my chest shaven, but it's not that embarrassing to announce it on the internet - strange.

3 comments:

Eric said...

ECG/EKG

At some point medicine stopped being filled with words like Femur and started having names like ELECTROKOMPRESSIONGRAPH *said really fast in a humphy kind of german accent* Now we call it an electrocardiogram, so people started calling it an ECG.

But why did you call it Kelly Clarkson?

David said...

Ah - thanks for the explanation.

40 year old virgin - chest hair removal.

The Owl Archimedes said...

I was gonna say also that maybe it came from the Germans. Speaking of Germans and 40 year old virgin, you should see steve carrel's imitation of the German Who Says Nice Things (I saw it on Late Night a couple months ago I think)