Sunday, February 08, 2009

Sore Calves

Over the weekend I headed up to Tahoe with Julie, Saeed, and a bunch of people Julie goes to school with. On Saturday we went skiing at Heavenly. Since the last time I went was basically my first time and it was two years ago I wasn't sure how much of what I learned I retained. So in the morning I stuck to the "First Timer" slope.

Then in the afternoon I took a private lesson with someone in the group who was skiing for the first time. It was kind of funny because the instructor made some comments at the beginning based on thinking we were dating or married (at one point he referred to her as my better half). As the lesson went on he figured out we met for the first time that morning. A lot of what I learned before came back quickly. But it was good to take the lesson to reinforce the good habits and correct a few things I remembered wrong. We also learned one or two things I didn't know or remember from last time. I actually went the whole day without falling over, which I take as a sign I wasn't pushing myself enough. Based on how the day went, next time I go I'll definitely step things up a bit. (For my memory - next time I'm supposed to say I want level 3 lessons).

That night we did the outdoor hot tub in the snow thing - very cool. And hung out with the group. Sunday we got up reasonably early and headed back. Which worked out well since it gave me a chance to do laundry which means I get to wear clean clothes to work.

No comments: