Wednesday, December 05, 2007

HP 5

Finished up HP 5 which in my round about way of reading the books finishes up the series for me.

In case you hadn't heard it is a good series.

In general I like everything about the books more than the movies, largely due to the increased detail. However, I'm a bit torn on the fight between dumbledore and voldemort. I think the book's version is a bit more true to the characters and story (voldemort has raw evil power, dumbledore has power, but uses his cleverness and allies - using the fountain and faulks). But I do think the movie version was much "cooler". Really I thought the whole ministry of mysteries section was "cooler" in the movie than in the book. Although it was nice that the book told you what the hell was going on with that archway.

Given what they did with the end of 5 for the movie, the end of 7 could have some serious potential if they go for looks instead of explaining the finer points of wand ownership.

2 comments:

Eric said...

nstead of explaining the finer points of wand ownership.

hahahaha. yes.

The Owl Archimedes said...

ha, don' worry, I'll watch it asimpassively as possible at first. I always worry about that too, mentioning things and setting expections too high.