Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Santa Barbara for the 4th

At work they were nice enough to give us the 2nd and 3rd as well as the 4th as vacation days. So on Sunday I headed up to Santa Barbara and stayed with my Uncle's family and came back the morning of the 5th. It was great to see everyone.

In addition to enjoying time with my Uncle, Aunt, and two Cousins the trip provided a great break from my normal schedule. For the 4th we went to the beach to hang out and again at night for the fireworks. The day before I went biking with one of my cousins down to the wharf. I won a game made up by my other cousin thanks to my mad dice rolling skillz. I found it ironic that between riding in a convertible and spending time on the beach, it was when I sat outside reading a book that I got a sun burn (it was a pretty funny burn since it was the difference between that day's shirt and my normal tan line and was only on one side).

Thank you to my Uncle's family for hosting, feeding, and entertaining me.

Oh, and it was the first time I took public transportation in Southern California. I took the train there and back. It was a bit slower than driving with no traffic, but I'm guessing there was some traffic that weekend and it was great because I got to read instead of staring at the car ahead of me. They also had outlets for every seat so on the way back I watched a few episodes of the Sarah Silverman Program.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David - this colorscheme is dreadful! Please change it back!