Monday, June 18, 2007

Random Ramblings (again)

The following are a random assortment of thoughts with no unifying thread.

I just saw Knocked Up. It was very funny and I would recommend it, but it was blog worthy because the girl from UCB who I discussed here (toward the end) and here had several lines in the movie. At some point I'll leave detailing her career to IMDB, but for now I still find it crazy, and proof I shouldn't be a hollywood talent agent.

I recommend Twisted Oak 2004 Petite Sirah (pdf, but worth it, especially if you like to know the pH of your wine...).

For those that have seen me recently you have probably noticed my slowly growing sideburns which eventually made it all the way to my jawbone. Well, they're gone! And I may have over done it a bit since I barely left any, but I'm sure they'll creep back down again. It is interesting that people misinterpret laziness as fashion sense.

If you have not seen iTunes U, it is worth checking out. They have lectures from a number of schools (including one I'm fond of) on line as podcasts - both video and audio (for free). The selection is still a bit limited, but if you are just looking for a taste of a subject they are worthwhile. If you go to the iTunes store it's in the list on the left under the heading iTunes Store.

I was so glad to see Jon Stewart make fun of giving weapons to Sunni insurgents on the June 13 episode. I felt the need to rant about it, but watching him satisfied my need. The part I find amazing is that it is a strategy that has been tried numerous times and is almost always regretted.

1 comment:

The Owl Archimedes said...

for some reason, I read "giving weapons to Sunnis" as "giving glue to Sunnis", and I thought, wow that IS funny! How'd he make fun of something that's already funny anyway? Anyway...